My name is Penny Young and I am the inclusion lead at Kings Meadow School.
I am the designated teacher for looked after children.
I work alongside the family support worker Ben Malia and together we make up part of the pastoral team. I also work closely with the speech and language therapist who is in school once a week to identify children that require the support.
What does the Inclusion Lead do?
- Home visits, engage with families in their own environment to offer support and help to children who are not actively engaged with school.
- Annual reviews, I can either lead these meetings or sit in as a support.
- I liaise with other agencies alongside the family worker regarding specific needs. This could be a number of additional needs including, SALT, timetables and interventions within school.
- I provide support for initial visits of new pupils to Kings Meadow.
- Maintain regular contact with parents/carers regarding progress and updates of their child, and can also help with any concerns that families may have.
- Support parents/carers with paperwork or appointments such as medication reviews or referrals.
- I can help support children and families with applying for secondary school placements.
Who can the Inclusion lead help?
I am here for every child and family currently involved with Kings Meadow School or will be joining.
- Families facing an issue or difficulty no matter how small where advice and support is required.
- Parents/Carers experiencing difficulties in managing their child’s behaviour.
- Parents/Carers whose children are not attending school regularly and need support.
- Parents/Carers who may need support on a wide range of issues impacting on family life.
I am available within school hours and you can contact me on the main telephone number- 01604 673730 or on my mobile- 07597590504.
If I am not available please leave a message and I will endeavour to get back to you as soon as I am able.